Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I retrieve my validation key?
Click here to retrieve validation keys.
- How do I retrieve my license key?
Click here to retrieve license keys.
- What is SDS/2 Connect?
SDS/2 Connect is an Add-In to Revit Structure that designs intelligent connections for steel structures based on AISC codes. SDS/2 Connect also includes model roundtripping capabilities with SDS/2.
- Do I need Revit Structure to use SDS/2 Connect?
Yes, SDS/2 Connect is an Add-In to Revit Structure.
- Do I need SDS/2 to use SDS/2 Connect?
No, SDS/2 Connect does not require any other SDS/2 products to run inside Revit Structure.
- Do I need to purchase SDS/2 Connect to roundtrip models with SDS/2?
No, the trial version of SDS/2 Connect includes the Import/Export capabilities and will not expire.
- Is a network or floating license available?
Yes. Network and floating license capabilities are available in the latest releases of SDS/2 Connect. If you've already purchased, make sure you go to your account page to download the latest version.
- Can connections designed by SDS/2 Connect be scheduled using Revit Structure tools?
Revit Structure schedule can be used to create a schedule showing material descriptions and quantities.
- Can end reactions imported from other analysis packages be used by SDS/2 Connect?
Yes, end reactions can be imported from CSC’s Fastrak Building Designer and RISA; loads stored in structural element’s properties can also be used by SDS/2 Connect.
- What is included with 'future updates'?
Future updates include software updates to the version(s) of SDS/2 Connect that you have purchased. For example, if you purchase SDS/2 Connect 2013, you will always be able to download the latest version of SDS/2 Connect 2013. If SDS/2 Connect 2014 is released, you will need to pay a separate upgrade fee to run that version of SDS/2 Connect.